MapTiler available on the Mac App Store
The latest version of MapTiler for Mac is available on the Mac App Store for free:
If you have a laptop or desktop computer from Apple running Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7) or upgraded Snow Leopard (10.6.6+) you can now easily install the latest version of MapTiler from the Mac App Store, as a free application.
This version of MapTiler is powered by our C/C++ rendering core, which means it is faster, it comes with new features, fixed bugs and functionality normally available only to our MapTiler Cluster customers, who are rendering large maps from multiple files for extremely fast displaying in their web applications (powered by Google Maps API, OpenLayers, Leaflet, …), native mobile applications on Android or iPhone/iPad (powered by Apple MapKit, RouteMe or OSMDroid) or for opening the maps in desktop GIS clients (ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS, ..) as an OpenGIS WMTS layer.
- New viewer built on Google Maps V3 with client side over-zooming and opacity slider
- Maximally simplified installation on Mac and a full switch to 64bit platform
- Rendering of world maps without issues or preprocessing
- Direct optimisation of the size of the produced tiles (pngnq embedded)
- The XYZ tile addressing directly compatible with OpenStreetMap & Google Maps as the default output
- Improved KML SuperOverlay implementation
- MBTiles support via mbutil (direct support is planned)
- Hosting the tiles with OpenGIS WMTS standard and TileJSON compatibility by TileServer Open-Source Project is possible, the rendered map tiles are openable in ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS, MapBox JS, Leaflet, OpenLayers, etc.
- Many more small fixes and improvements
A version for alternative platforms (such as Microsoft Windows) will follow soon.<li>Hosting the tiles with OpenGIS WMTS standard and TileJSON compatibility by TileServer Open-Source Project is possible, the rendered map tiles are openable in ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS, MapBox JS, Leaflet, OpenLayers, etc.
Author | Petr Pridal Published | 2013-03-04